- This event has passed.
5304 McClellan Blvd.
Anniston, AL 36206
This course is based on NFPA 1033: Standard for Professional Qualifications for Fire Investigator, 2022 Edition. This course targets Fire Investigators, Police Officers, company-level Officers, and Private Cause and Origin Investigators with a desire to learn more about determining the origin and cause of the fire. Students wishing to attend this course should be prepared for an intense week of training and practical skills application. Topics covered include: Determining the Point of Origin, Burn Patterns, Evidence Collection and Analysis, Interviewing Techniques, and Court Procedure and Testifying.
18 years of age; High school diploma/GED
This coursework should be completed prior to the beginning date of your Fire Investigator course. You will be given access in AFC Online to submit your completion certificates upon enrollment in your Fire Investigator course.
- These six (6) CFITrainer modules are required prerequisites for your upcoming Fire Investigator course:
- Fire Investigator Scene Safety
- Fundamentals of Residential Building Construction
- The Scientific Method for Fire and Explosion Investigation
- Documenting the Event
- Writing the Initial Origin and Cause Report
- Basic Electricity
- Clothing suitable for fire scene investigation – hard hat, safety glasses, gloves, work boots, long pants, and respiratory protection
- NFPA 101: Life Safety Code (optional)
- Copy of NFPA 921 (A link is supplied via AFC Online)
- Laptop with Microsoft Office or Equivalent
- Camera (Cell phone camera will suffice)
Please use the following link to access the Pre-Course Requirements: https://www.cfitrainer.net
Instate Cost: 330
Out of State Cost: 570