Courses This Month



Connect with us







How do I enroll in Herzing? Go to Then, click on “Apply Online”.

Are there any special requirements for VA students? If you are a VA-benefits approved student, you will need to provide a high school transcript and an original transcript from all post-secondary institutions that you have attended.

What program do I enroll in if I am a Firefighter, a Basic, or a Medic? The programs for Firefighters and Emergency Medical Service personnel are: Associate of Science in EMT-Paramedic, Bachelor of Science in Homeland Security and Public Safety, or toward a Diploma in EMT-Paramedic.

How many classes are taught at the Fire College? There are 40 elective courses and the Firefighter I/II certification available through the Alabama Fire College. There are 20 courses in EMS available through the Alabama Fire College, including BASIC, Advanced, and Paramedic.

Do I have to attend classes at the Herzing campus? All classes that are taught through Herzing University can be taken online.

How many transfer credits am I eligible for if I am a Firefighter or in EMS? Students are eligible to transfer a total of 32 semester credit hours. Transfer credit will be evaluated upon admission. 

Alabama Fire College and Personnel Standards Commission | 2501 Phoenix Dr - Tuscaloosa, Alabama 35405 | Toll Free: 1 (800) 241-2467 - Fax: 205-391-3757