Courses This Month



Connect with us







How do I enroll in Baker College?  
Go to Then, click on “Apply Online”.

Are there any special requirements for VA students?  If you are VA-benefits approved student, you will need to provide a high school transcript and an original transcript from all post-secondary institutions that you have attended.

What program do I enroll in if I am a Firefighter, a Basic, or a Medic?  The program for Firefighters and Emergency Medical Service personnel is: Associate of Applied Science in Emergency Services Management.

How many classes are taught at the Fire College?  There are 40 elective courses and the Firefighter I/II certification available through the Alabama Fire College. There are 20 courses in EMS available through the Alabama Fire College, including BASIC, Advanced, and Paramedic.

Do I have to attend classes at the Baker campus?  All classes that are taught through Baker College can be taken online.

How many transfer credits am I eligible for if I am a Firefighter or in EMS?  Students are eligible to enter into the Associate of Applied Science if they hold the following certifications/licensures: Firefighter I (12 hrs), Firefighter II (6 hrs), EMT (24 hrs), Advanced EMT (12 hrs), and Paramedic (40 hrs). Transfer credit will be evaluated upon admission.

Alabama Fire College and Personnel Standards Commission | 2501 Phoenix Dr - Tuscaloosa, Alabama 35405 | Toll Free: 1 (800) 241-2467 - Fax: 205-391-3757